Sunday, January 29, 2006

Writing Retreat

Doesn't this just look awesome? I'll be attending the Kansas SCBWI "Write Your Heart Out" retreat in April.

I'll participate in the picture book track with Jane Kurtz. I can't wait to meet her...and to learn from her. It will be a working weekend. I'm on the advisory committee for our SCBWI region, so I'll be helping out at the retreat. I think, once we're organized, it will run itself (mostly) that weekend.

Unfortunately, I'll have to miss out on this awesome conference at the end of April. The Missouri Writers' Guild (JWKC CHAPTER) has an impressive lineup of editors and agents coming to KC. With soccer schedules, school fairs and a traveling husband (oh, and that thing called finances), I'll have to pass on this one. I'll just have to help make sure the SCBWI Kansas annual conference in September is extra awesome! It's just killing me that I'll miss out on Judy Burke, Erin Murphy, Regina Brooks, Kent L. Brown and Cheryl Kline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home