Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Inspired

I have been in a rut. I've started and quit so many writing projects these past few months. I know I am capable of having good ideas. I keep digging out ideas, partially-written stories, poems from two years ago when I first started writing for children! I love the ideas in my old pile. I'm just not so inspired by my new ideas.

I had so much less going on back then. More quiet time. More time for ideas to simmer. I do a lot of prewriting while driving, working out, cooking...just hanging out. Now I have constant noise. There's always someone or something begging for attention.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but I DO know which manuscript I'm working on this afternoon! I decided to dig it out after reading our February 2006 Spider that arrived yesterday. This is the last issue in our subscription. I had decided that I don't write the stuff they publish...and since the kids won't touch the thing (they think it leans toward "boring" too. I know. I know. I shouldn't admit this!)

BUT, I absolutely love this issue. It's one of my favorites yet. If you have it, take a look at "What's for Supper?" by Julie Douglas. Such a fun story! And similar to one I'm digging out of my old pile.

Too bad all the editors involved with this one are gone, hu? I really like the direction they took with this one!

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Oh, you are not alone, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I started yet another manuscript yesterday which has nothing to do with any of the other things I've been working on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home