Sunday, January 15, 2006

Research

My research is coming along nicely! I was able to knock out two publishers who are totally wrong. I have one story that might be a good fit at three houses. I have two that didn't seem to belong anywhere...but now that I think about it, I may have to search younger. I was only looking at PBs for 4-8 year olds.

Does anyone know if reviewers such as the School Library Journal hold grudges? One of the publishers had overwhelmingly negative reviews from SLJ on their 2005 books. Would you submit to a publisher who got lots of bad reviews? Maybe it doesn't matter since PBs take so long to get out the door? Maybe they don't really care who the publisher is?

I'm having an impossible time finding names of editors at the places I'm hoping to send my work. Oh, how I wish I had an agent! (Can't say I tried real hard to find one last year.) Possibly a good reason to switch genres...it seems so many more agents rep YA and MG novels than picture books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home