Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Longing for Hawaii


I'm longing for Hawaii already. Tonight, I'm reading myself a bedtime story, HULA LULLABY by Erin Eitter Kono. I reviewed it at YABooksCentral a while back. I loved it then, and I love it even more after my recent visit. I was so disappointed that I didn't see this among the Hawaiian book displays in the stores we visited.

I bought a book about Hawaii while we were there. I'm going to order A is for Aloha with my next Amazon order. I love S is for Sunflower...what a great series and an entertaining way to learn about the states! If Aloha is half as good as S is for Sunflower, I'll be seriously impressed. Now that I think about it, I'll need C is for Cornhusker while I'm at it. They can amaze their grandparents with knowledge of our childhood home state.

I bought coconut shrimp at the store this week, and I prepared French toast made with Hawaiian Sweet Bread for breakfast today. Also on our menu this week: grilled hamburgers with pineapple slices and teriyaki sauce. Who cares that it snowed today? We're having a heat wave tomorrow--50 degrees!

Off to Hula dreamland for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home