Thursday, December 15, 2005

Thirsty

I'm sitting in a hotel. I just finished two book reviews. I'm in my PJs...and I'm thirsty.

The problem? I won't drink hotel tap water and the vending machine right outside my door is broken. I really don't want to wander all over the hotel to find a Pepsi in my jammies. (And, what I really want is a Coke Zero, which they don't have here because they sell Pepsi.)

For those of you who are keeping track-- I had a huge headache by the time I left for my meeting yesterday. I slept on the plane. I wrote a teeny tiny bit. I got in, skipped the holiday party, shared a bottle of wine + some sort of coffee martini with a friend (no, that didn't help the headache, nor did I feel better this morning...and it has nothing to do with writing, except that my poor, over-worked brain and body really needed to sit and relax and the wine was really nice).

I'm preparing to write now--sans Coke, which is not a good thing. Meetings tomorrow and girls' night before we head home. I haven't written much, but I have enjoyed the break from Christmas and birthday preparations!

While I'm gone, hubby is getting a taste of my life--he's on vacation and still got pulled into three conference calls today, which he had to take on mute with a screaming baby in the background. He's also fielding RSVP calls for the big slumber party/caroling bash, taking the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's and had to do a diaper run (because I forgot that small detail before I left town!)

2 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Blogger Heather said...

HEre is to a tall glass of coke and a productive writin evening!!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Cynthia Leitich Smith said...

It sounds to me like you might a little dehydrated. Maybe try a sports drink. Happy writing to you and many blessings of the season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home