Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Just 2 1/2 weeks!

I love Christmas. I really do. But, this year, I'm counting the days until the holiday season is officially over. I'm exhausted and ready to move on already. So, just 2 1/2 more weeks of holiday cheer left.

In that time, I have:

A business trip to Tampa (tomorrow)

A school holiday party (Tuesday next week)

A birthday slumber party for A (Wednesday next week). The original list of 12 girls was adjusted to 15 when we invited four boys for caroling and realized we were leaving out three girls from her class. It just didn't seem right, so we invited 'em all!

Christmas (next week, obviously)

Miscellaneous family commitments the last week of the year.

It doesn't look so bad on paper, but all the little details to keep dancing around in my head!

*****

Today was S's last day of pre-K for the year. Her teacher gave them a baggie filled with red M&Ms, cinnamon candies and red jelly beans and included the following note:

"I wanted the perfect gift for you, but couldn't decide just what to do! I almost sent you a dozen roses--instead, here's a bag of reindeer noses!"

Isn't that just the cutest? S thought so!

*****
Last year, we received baggies of oatmeal and red baking (decorator) sugar with this note about reindeer. We made up extras and distributed them around the neighborhood. Not sure we'll do that this year since we'll be spreading holiday cheer with the 15 girls and four boys caroling!

Reindeer Food

Up on the housetop reindeer pause.
Out jumps good old Santa Claus.
Santa gets cookies and leaves some toys.
But the reindeer tummies make lots of noise.

Ho Ho Ho! We need some food!
Ho Ho Ho! We need some food!

Up on the housetop, click, click, click.
Leave us some food when you feed St. Nick!

Directions:

1. Wait until Christmas Eve.
2. Open the bag. Sprinkle reindeer food on the lawn.
3. Hop into bed and wait for Santa.

****
The cinnamon ornaments we made for S's party favors were a big hit. Three moms called me MARTHA! I'd usually take that as an insult, but this was the first crafty thing I've tried that has really turned out well. They looked just like I imagined them. And, S had a ball helping me.

***
I'm off to bed--after I find a few books to read and gather writing materials for the flight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home