Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Complete Space Case

I picked up S from preschool and we ran to the mailbox. You just never know when a great book might arrive! We came into the house, threw the junk mail away, quickly picked up the house and made some microwave popcorn.

When it was time to pick A and our neighbor up from school, I couldn't find my keys. I ran around the living room. I looked in the microwave, even though I knew that if the keys were there, I would have heard the microwave fry. I emptied the trash into another bag. I emptied my purse onto the kitchen table.

Finally, I called the other girl's mom and asked her to pick up the kids. S and I spent another 10 minutes looking for the keys. I went outside and looked in my car. Nope, couldn't have gotten the mail if the keys were in the car. The only place they could be was.... yes... hanging from the mailbox door. Luckily, they hung there for 30 minutes and no one stole them!

***
Great research day for n/f article...possible n/f picture book potential. Enthusiasm level: high. I learned a lot of interesting facts about this ordinary topic today. Strangely, it's going to be another science-related piece. I should have never listened to Mr. J who suggested that I shouldn't take advanced science courses. I think I have a knack for this stuff :-)

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

I thought it was going to end with your keys being in your pockets! Like what happens to me.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

hahaha - I can so relate but with me I usually leave my keys in the car door.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home