Wednesday, November 02, 2005

No NaNoWriMo for Me

I was all set for NaNoWriMo when the reminder email arrived in October. Then, I caught a cold that turned into bronchitis. I've been exhausted to the point of not being able to function, so I went back to the doctor last week begging to have my thyroid checked.

I got the results of blood work today. My thyroid is fine and so is my iron level (amazing considering how little meat I eat.). The doctor's recommendation? Get nine hours of sleep each night.

What? Doesn't he know about NaNoWriMo? Nine hours of sleep would mean that I need to go to bed at 10:00. That only gives me an hour per night to write, sign permission slips, read...and do anything else that requires silence to think.

I'm still not convinced my problem is sleep, but I might be forced to give it a try.

1 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Sorry about the NaNOWriMO this year. Lets both of us take a crack at it in '06 - shall we? I hope you discover the sourve of your fatigue. There is nothing more frustrating that being tired all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home