Saturday, October 22, 2005

Halloween Stories

I meant to do this much, much earlier. October just got away from me. I've posted several Halloween picture book reviews at YABooksCentral.

My favorite Halloween books: Room on the Broom and Rattlebone Rock. Both rhyming with a great dance-like rhythm. My husband, who isn't such a picture book lover, also loves these.

Monster Stew--Another really fun book. An ABC stew monster-style. Illustrated by S.D. Schindler

Skeleton Hiccups--A short picture book about a skeleton who gets out of bed with hiccups. Nicely-illustrated by S.D. Schindler.

The Runaway Pumpkin--A great rhyming picture book, also illustrated by S.D. Schindler.

Trick-or-Treat, Smell My Feet--with little trouble-making witches.
A Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet -- with a big costume dilemma.

The Legend of Sticky Gonzales--a self-published picture book we received at YA Books Central. Interesting concept...probably the wrong format. Might make a nice middle grade novel or short story. It was way over A's head (almost 8) and the girls freaked out because it says "hell," which is a word that applies because it's about the devil.

If you are still looking for great Halloween reading, pick up some of our favorites...and tell us what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home