Thursday, September 29, 2005

A few quick notes...






















We're going to be busy, busy, busy for the next few days. My in-laws are coming for the weekend, which means I have to grocery shop and clean in my few childless hours tomorrow. Not gonna get it all done. It also means no writing time Friday-Sunday.

I wrote a bunch on my non-fiction idea today. I decided to start out with an article and then work toward a picture book later. The house is trashed and my husband returns home tonight. Before he gets home, we need to go to soccer practice and finish up home work.

I really tried to order from a Book Sense seller this week. My Amazon order was delayed and wasn't supposed to ship until 10/17. I cancelled the Amazon order and clicked through Book Sense. I even entered my credit card. But, I just couldn't go through with it. Why? The Book Sense order was $102, with a pick up at the store. The same books, including shipping at Amazon--$75! WOAH! I guess it's hard to compete! I placed the Amazon order again...and the books will be here tomorrow. No idea what caused the original delay.

I took S to our Children's Museum yesterday. I had at least 10 ideas for promoting my book while we played in the grocery store, hospital and garden areas. Nothing like putting the cart before the horse. I'd better get it written and sold because I'm getting carried away with the silly stuff!

We're going to be a pirate family for Halloween. I just ordered my costume and new costumes for A and S. Baby K will be wearing the pirate costume S wore for A's pirate birthday party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home