Wednesday, October 05, 2005

NaNoWriMo

Can you believe it's NaNoWriMo time again! Write a 50,000 word novel from beginning to end in one month!

I failed miserably last year. I couldn't take the pressure. Seriously, I cease to function once November hits and I start freaking out about the seven November birthdays in our family, Thanksgiving, the zillions of Christmas presents I have to buy, holiday pictures and cards, school parties, my one-week-before-Christmas December meeting, Christmas and S's and A's birthdays. The shopping eats up every bit of "me" time I have!

I'm going to try again. Maybe I'll actually get to that coffee shop to write this year!

3 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,

Why don't you compromise and write a mid-grade novel during the deadline?

Janee

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

Janee,

That's a great idea. For me, it's more about the idea of actually getting the "butt in chair" time in--not so much the actual word count.

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant even write a picturebook in less than 60 days. That does sound stressful

DevasT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home