Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bummer

My new story wasn't done, so I rewrote an old story to turn in for Anastasia's class. Then, I checked Amazon and the Library of Congress sites for competition. Bummer--LOTS of monster stories. And, many of them are similar. One even had some key phrases from my first version in the title. Uh. Oh. No wonder no one bought it the first time.

So, is it bad to write monster stories? Should I give up on it?

The new story that isn't done was supposed to be about name calling. I got off on a tangent and now it's about a poor lion without any shoes. Yeah, I don't get the connection either. Funny how that works.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Never enough monster stories. At least in my opinion. Research and write yours with a new slant. Or with an old slant, seems retelling old stories are on the in.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Monsters are always popular. Don gave good advice. Look for a new slant. There really aren't any new stories, just new ways of telling them. But hugs too because I know how frustrating it is. We've all had it happen before and it will happen again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home