Sunday, August 07, 2005

A Back to School Writing Tidbit

Someone on the Realwritingteachers Yahoo Group posted a link to some excellent teaching resources that can be found at Teaching That Makes Sense. Follow the PDF listing along the left column for materials that can help readers, writers, teachers and reviewers improve their craft. My favorite was the Writing Teacher's Strategy Guide, 124 pages of instruction, exercises and charts to improve the writing of young writers, with lots of stuff for older writers too.

**
Yesterday, I ordered the 2006 CWIM and Picture Writing by Anastasia Suen. I can't believe I didn't already have that one! Take a look at the second reader review. It sounds like it will be very helpful, even after I've finished the workshop!
***
School supply shopping today. No clothes though. I'm waiting until the weather cools down. All A will wear is athletic shorts right now. When she wears jean shorts or clothes made from other fabrics, all I hear is, "These shorts give me the wedgies!" That doesn't make winter sound too pleasant.
**
I wrote my first easy reader yesterday. A full 32 words!

**
I also laughed so hard at a stoplight that I had to look around afterwards to see if anyone was watching. What was so funny? I finally figured out how to write the story about all the name-calling my girls do. It was hilarious to me....or maybe just one of those, "I can't believe it took me so long to think of this" ideas. I hope it works on paper!

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Chris Barton said...

Good going on the easy reader, Kim! Savor those stoplight moments -- you really can't beat those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home