Sunday, July 31, 2005

Tagged

I was tagged by Susan Taylor Brown

-10 years ago - I lived in Iowa and was an ad sales manager. I taught baton twirling lessons and took my twirlers to Hawaii.

-5 years ago- I lived in Kansas City, was a marketing director, had a two year old daughter and hated going to work each day because I could not stand being away from her. I traveled a lot for my job. I dreamed of writing a book, but couldn't manage to find the time.

-1 year ago- I had my third daughter. I had been a stay-at-home-mom for three years. I couldn't wait to get back to the gym because I had just completed six months of bedrest and was itching to be active again. My 87 year old grandmother came to visit three weeks after baby K was born.

-yesterday- My mother and father-in-law were in town. We got up early to watch the girls run in a race that is a fundraiser for our favorite park. We went out for breakfast, watched movies all afternoon, and went to see Sky High that evening (after eating the ribs I cooked). For the record, Sky High is awesome!

-tomorrow- I start a new PB writing course. I'm psyched. Oh, and I have my SCBWI critique group.

5 bands/artists that I know the lyrics to most of their songs- Most of the new Disney soundtracks. How embarrassing is that?

5 things I'd do with $100,000,000- pay off my house (more likely, buy a bigger one!), add more to the girls' college funds, travel, start some sort of a literacy foundation, give all my nieces and nephews money for college.

5 locations I would like to run away to -Hawaii, Tahoe, Florida, um...maybe some more exotic beachy locations. Get the theme here?

5 bad habits I have- procrastinating, blogging when I should be doing other things. More, but that's all I'm going to share :-)

5 things I like doing - playing with my kids, writing, reading, visiting new places, biking on a fall morning.

5 things I will never wear- bikini, I think I've worn lots of the other things I swore I'd never wear.

5 t.v. shows I like(d)- 90210, Melrose Place, American Idol, Cheers, Frazier

-5 movies I like - Sky High, Herbie, Ice Castles, Footloose, Ice Princess (Okay, I spend too much time watching my kids' movies!)

-5 people I'd like to meet- all my virtual friends, including some writers and illustrators whose work I admire. :-) Oh, and Oprah!

-5 biggest joys at the moment- my kids, my husband, reading, writing, having the ability to be a stay-at-home mom.

-5 favorite toys- laptop, picture phone, digital camera, trampoline, bike

5 people tagged – I think this has made the rounds. I can think of no untagged bloggers who read my blog. Play if you'd like!

3 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya! I'm taking Anastasia's class, too!!!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

Jenny! Yup! I just emailed you to say the same thing! I'm so glad you're in my class.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Cant wait to hear the report on the course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home