Monday, July 25, 2005

A new milestone

I think I've reached a new milestone. Call it a high or a low, depending on your point of view. I was browsing Writer's Market tonight looking for potential publishers for my completed picture book manuscripts. I clicked on a few publishers' sites where I cringed at the covers or the titles and mumbled, "I'd rather keep my book all to myself than let you mess with it."

I want to be published, but not so much that I'll just give my book to a publisher who can't make their own website or books look enticing. Yeah, that judging a book by its cover thing...well, that works both ways, Mr. Publisher.

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

It's calling growing up in the world of publishing, Kim. Congratulations.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Chris Barton said...

You're right on, Kim. It feels liberating to be a little choosy, doesn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home