Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Company You Keep

Proof that blogging is good for you!

One of my favorite business writers, Blair Singer, sent this email to his subscribers this morning. Blair is the author of SalesDogs, one of the books in Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad, Poor Dad series.

Recently I heard Rick Pitino, the highly successful basketball coach at Louisville, formerly at University of Kentucky, NY Knicks and Boston Celtics make a great point. The key to success is surrounding yourself with people that are positive and eliminating negative thinking around you. It's tough enough to keep your energy up!! When you have others who want to pick, peck, negate, bad-mouth, and who constantly take the wind out of your sails it takes you down. Coach Pitino said that you have to distance yourself from the 'confederation of the miserable.' He is referring to those people who feel good about being negative toward others. It makes them feel smarter and better than you and at your expense. It takes little intelligence to be negative and critical. It takes resourcefulness and brightness to pump others up and build their confidence. To earn more and have more joy in your life, choose who you hang out with wisely.
Be Awesome!


So, see...You NEED to blog so that you are surrounded by positive people who believe in--and can help you believe in--what you are doing!

Have a fun writing day!

P.S. If you were here earlier today, you'll see I changed the link to ROBERT KIYOSAKI. Thanks, Chris. I knew that picture looked wrong. That's what I get when I hurry!

3 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Chris Barton said...

I believe in you, Kim!

But I also believe you meant Robert Kiyosaki...

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Yes, Kim, that is so true. Im certainly encouraged by the positive feedback I get. I probably would have stopped blogging and writing long ago if someone hadnt noticed my efforts.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Yep. We become what we most think about and it is easier to become successful when we are surrounded by successful people

 

Post a Comment

<< Home