Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Buzz This Book For RIF

Here's a chance for you to check out an entertaining book marketing opportunity and help out a good cause at the same time.

Author MJ Rose is holding a two-week campaign to promote her book and help raise money for Reading Is Fundamental. All you have to do is link to the vidlit for the Halo Effect and her supporters will donate $5 to RIF. Cool, hu? Even better...buy the book too!

From MJ's blog:

Introducing the first "GOOD BOOKS/GOOD CAUSE BLOG-A-THON" campaign
The goal of this two-week campaign is to connect book lovers with a good cause and a great summer read via the
vidlit for THE HALO EFFECT. I've secured pledges from real-life supporters - my publisher, agent, family and friends – who will collectively donate $5 to the nonprofit literacy organization, Reading Is Fundamental , for each website or blog that links to the Vidlit for THE HALO EFFECT before July 19. The goal is to get at least 500 blogs to link and raise $2500+ for the charity.

Kim here :-) I first heard about vidlits at Agent Obscura's blog a few months ago. MJ as also blogged about vidlits as a marketing tool. I find the concept interesting and applaud her for trying to take the promotional aspect to the next level. I hope she generates lots of buzz that translates to sales.

***
My internet connection was down for the zillionth time in the past week. So, the first several attempts to post this failed. But, while I was waiting, I took advantage of the quiet time this morning to write four pages of notes. No novel, but some good sorting and data dumping going on. I think I have three separate novels here. Not a bad problem to have...if I can just START something!

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Kim, you always have such good info here. Thanks

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Jozef Imrich with Dragoness Malchkeon said...

I second that ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home