Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie, I will start a novel tonight! I might not get anything that resembles a chapter, but I will start the sorting process.

I took the kids to see Winn Dixie at the theater this afternoon. It was crowded. We sat in the first row. Kids sat on the floor in front of us. And talked. And fought. Babies cried. My baby cried. And, I sat there and daydreamed about books and writing. (I have read the book already and this was my second time to see the movie.)

So, when my novel is published, and you read my backstory, you'll know ... everything that happened that summer was because of Winn Dixie.

***
As I connected with all my long lost classmates last weekend, I decided that when I publish my first book, one of my first readings will be at my former elementary school. I have some fantastic memories from that place, memories of libraries, books, stories ... and friends who laugh just as hard as they did 30 years ago as they chased each other on the playground at the top of the hill in a small town where everyone was just a little bit poor but never noticed because our friendships made us rich.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl! I want to read that novel of yours!

TrudyJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home