Sunday, June 26, 2005

A big day in my writing life

We took another road trip this weekend. We went to Nebraska again! My husband was on his way back into town, and wouldn't get in until 11:00 p.m., so we arranged to spend Friday night in a hotel at the airport to shave a little from the overall drive time. We hit the road by 9:00 a.m. and hit my brother-in-law's house just as baby E's first birthday party was starting. The girls are always ready for a little adventure. They thought they were the real life Zach and Cody (Or the modern day Eloise).

I took my pile of library books. The plan was to read the picture books to the kids in the car. They weren't in the mood, so I sat there and read the entire pile myself. Between books, I'd chatter to my husband about a book or an author's blog or a conference I'd heard about.

I seem to monopolize lots of our car trips with book talk these days, but my husband doesn't seem to mind. He usually chuckles and teases me about my imaginary friends in the blogosphere. But, this time, instead of laughing, he said, "I think you have finally found what you are really supposed to be doing."

I knew it all along, but it's a nice feeling to know that my husband believes in me too.

***
I've written before about the summer I spent helping to check out books at our public library as a grade schooler. I just remembered tonight that I also worked in the "Media Center," our junion high's version of a library, as a helper in 7th and 8th grade. I gave that up in 9th grade when I *gasp* decided to be an aide in the home ec department. Don't laugh! I once knew how to sew well enough to help out the kids in my brother's grade!

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

oh big yeah on husbands that "get" it and know what we are supposed to do. That's really nice news.
Write on, right now.
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home