Friday, June 24, 2005

Tell me what you want

I just don't get it.

If you have a problem at work and come to me needing help, and I ask you how you'd like me to address the problem, to describe your ideal solution, speak up! Don't go to the boss nine days later and complain that you were cheated.

When I come to you with a solution, and you don't like it, give me a chance to make things right. Don't go over my head.

See, it was difficult to come up with a solution because you never told me what you wanted. When I provided a solution, you were quiet and agreed with the plan. So, tell me...how did your dissatisfaction become my fault when you failed communicate with me?

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Hugs on the work stuff. Communication is an art form that not many in the corporate or semi-corporate world know how use. I've had similiar situations where I would have given different answers had I only had ALL of the question and/or problem. Hope the rest of your day goes better.
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home