Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Request for Picture Book Titles

I just hopped on to my public library site to reserve a zillion books written or illustrated by Kansans and my favorite bloggers. I reserved only one YA novel since that will take me longer to read.

I've got lots of good YA recommendations on my list...only one of which I reserved today. At the SCBWI library talk, the librarian recommended (among many others): Feed, Speak, A Great and Terrible Beauty, Whale Talk, A Northern Light, Monster, The Body of Christopher Creed, Big Mouth and Ugly Girl and Hoot.

I'm really stuck coming up with picture books that I'd like to read. So, if anyone is out there, can you share your favorite picture book titles with me? I want to read the new-ish ones. I'm not a big fan of many of the older titles :) I reserved books by Christine Schneider, one illustrated by Don Tate, two books by Cynthia Leitich Smith, a few by Anastasia Suen and Punctuation Takes a Vacation by Robin Pulver.

What are YOU reading?

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Anastasia Suen said...

See if they have that new Horn Book winner - Traction Man.

You can sample the first 8 pages on Jenny's blog:

http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2005/06/traction_man.html

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Kitten's First Moon and That New Pet are two of my more recent favorite picture books.

Also Kim, I responded to your writing comment back in my own blog with more detail.

Write on, right now.
susan

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Thanks Kim! I hope you will enjoy the book. I appreciate your support.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home