Friday, June 03, 2005

End of My Writing Break

I think I've been on a bit of a writing break. I'm just going to have to work harder this summer to get the writing in. At the same time, I'm trying to remember that balance is important. Summer is my favorite time of the year. In Kansas, we only get that ideal swimming weather from the end of May through August--three months of heavenly weather. So, I can't let that time slip by without enjoying it. My girls love summer and being outside and have all kinds of exciting adventures planned. I don't want to get so stressed about not writing that I'm not mentally there for this precious time with them.

My new critique group starts on Monday. My summer writing club starts on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I'm taking off with the kids for another mini vacation. Don't try to break into my house--my husband will be home! There's not much time to write in the car, but it's always great thinking time. On the last trip, I came up with lots of strange ideas that I'm sure will find a way into my writing at some point. Uh, we won't mention that part of that fantasy was wanting to buy a fancy RV and tour the country in book-mobile fashion. I never said my ideas were practical!

If you're still thinking about Tom Cruise and Katie and Tom jumping on the couch, here's how it relates to you, my dear writing friends. He's not weird. He's creative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home