Thursday, April 07, 2005

Fed Up

I'm more than a little fed up with my husband. He's not taking my writing seriously. He keeps rolling his eyes and making stupid comments about the things I do. He gave me a hard time about the web site I want to create. He laughs about the blogs I read. He makes fun of my writing.

Then...he has the nerve to have this conversation with me.

Husband: How many aspiring writers do you think there are in the world?

Me: Lots.

Husband: And, do you think these people do more than just read blogs and think about writing?

(He walks out of the closet and down the stairs. I roll my eyes at him, which he can't see because he's now in the kitchen.)

Me...to myself...because he's just walked away: You make so much fun of my writing, why would I tell you what I'm really up to? You have absolutely no idea how hard I'm working because you've never bothered to find out!

We had a similar conversation last night where I told him that he has three daughters who will have ideas and he'd better be more supportive because they'll just shut him out.

He prides himself in being the naysayer...the one who always points out holes in other people's ideas. He's quite the pessimist, isn't he?

4 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Heather said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Awww. That really sucks. Guess you will not be obliged to share the profits of your Award winning children's story. It sounds like you have the passion and courage to pursue this dream of yours. I believe!!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger liraelwiddershins said...

I'm feeling your pain, too. Got a quote for ya that fits the situation and makes me smile...

"As a writer, I need an enormous amount of time alone. Writing is 90 percent procrastination: reading magazines, eating cereal out of the box, watching infomercials. It's a matter of doing everything you can to avoid writing, until it is about four in the morning and you reach the point where you have to write. Having anybody watching that or attempting to share it with me would be grisly."

--Paul Rudnick

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

Kimberly, I love that quote! And, um....while I don't eat cereal directly out of the box, I do find plenty of other stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home