Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Sleeping Beauty

K took a super nap today. Dare I admit that I let her sleep in her car seat in the garage? She fell asleep on the way home from taking S to pre-school. I really needed her to sleep today. The kid doesn't sleep. Ever. So, I closed the outside garage door, and left the car door and the door to the house open so I could hear her. The kid slept for 2 1/2 hours. An all-time record. And, boy, was she ever happy this afternoon! Bad mommy moment, but so worth it.

So, with all that free time, I decided to plant my butt in my chair and write. It took a lot of effort to resist going shopping. I've been wanting to read a few books by the authors on my blog list, and the girls need new spring clothes. But, I stayed home and wrote.

We won't mention that I ate a whole package of graham crackers while doing so. Or that all that eating killed the workout I did just a few hours earlier. Ya know...I'd look like a shrimpy supermodel if it weren't for all this binging I do.

Now, 20,000 false starts later, I still have no beginning for the Snow Day Rap story. I do have lots of ideas for MG novels and a few ideas for some science early readers. I am the queen of unfinished projects. Please, call my magic fairy and ask her to put the kingdom to sleep while I catch up.

Tomorrow will be a great day. A power workout. Lunch. A massage and dinner out. I can hardly wait!

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger liraelwiddershins said...

I know what you mean! I currently have 6 novels started and about 4 short stories in progress and I'm not even going to count the number of half-finished poems. But I've finally picked one project to work on (a YA novel), so we'll see how it goes. Luck to you too :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home