Wednesday, April 06, 2005

10 Things About Me

Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm bummed. I won't be going to see Meg Cabot tonight afterall. But, we're having a family dinner out. We never go out. Three small kids. Crowded restaurants. You can see why we don't go out much.

My massage was fabulous. The best I've ever had. I've been to some pretty pricey spas--who woulda known I could get a world class massage just five minutes from home?

In celebration of my birthday and in honor of Winn Dixie, I'll share 10 things about me:

1. deleted

2. I am a mother of three wonderful little girls. Unlike India Opal's mom, I'll never leave my kids. They'll probably arrive at college and find that I've shipped myself in a suitcase.

3. I am a wife. I've been married for almost 14 years. On our wedding day, my dad promised to hurt my husband if he didn't take good care of me. He's kept his promise to my dad and has done an excellent job so far.

4. I weigh 25 pounds more than I did the day we got married. I still weigh the same as I did a month after K was born...almost 10 months ago.

5. I work out every day, and I don't do a bad job with meals. But, I'm a huge snacker and have a sweet tooth. My downfall.

6. I almost died 2 1/2 years ago when I had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured. I called 911 myself, took a ride in an ambulance, received 5 units of blood and spent the night in intensive care. The doctor said my excellent cardiovascular condition saved my life. I also had a few doctors and a little angel sitting on my shoulder to look out for me.

7. My mom died when I was 25 years old. She loved babies and would have adored my girls. My dad remarried last year. We love our new step mom.

8. I have three brothers, and I have two step brothers. I am the oldest. My dad will have a total of 9 grandchildren next month.

9. I like to bike, take walks, travel, visit museums and zoos and digi-scrap. I spend lots of time outside with my family.

10. I believe 2005 is the year I will finally sign a book contract. It is because I want it more this year than I ever have. I've spent many years wishing and talking about writing, but this is the first year I've actually put in the work to become a real writer.

1 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!

And 2005 will be your year with your optimism!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home