Sunday, December 03, 2006

How to Host a Pirate Party



How to Host a Pirate Party

1. Start with the invitations. Our invitation consisted of pirate lingo printed on tan paper. We tore the paper to make jagged edges, rubbed the edges with a dab (just a dab, no more!) of water, placed them on a cookie sheet and baked at 200 for about 10 minutes (until the paper started to curl). I've also heard of people dabbing the edges with a wet tea bag before baking, but I prefer this look.


2. Wear your pirate garb.
3. Write a pirate story. Oh, you don't have one? Well...I just happened to write one! Wouldn't it be great if some brilliant publisher made it into a picture book? (I have sent it out as an exclusive submission to one publisher. Crossing my fingers and biting my nails!)

More details coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home