Thursday, September 28, 2006

Troy Wilson Interview

As some of you know, I'm a big fan of Troy Wilson, author of PERFECT MAN and FROSTY IS A STUPID NAME.

I absolutely love these two books. I like the way Troy's imagination works! (The characters in both have vivid imaginations.)

CBC Radio One's GO has reunited Troy with his Grade One teacher from thirty years ago. He says, "It was wonderful to thank her for nurturing me as a writer at such a crucial time."

The interview will air Saturday just after 11am (GO is pre-taped, so it airs at exactly the same time of day across North America).

Here's a link for listening online:
http://www.cbc.ca/listen/index.html

Catch Troy on the air if you can!

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

STOP THE PRESSES! Troy Wilson here with a BIG update!

My radio appearance is being switched to another, as-yet-undetermined week (possibly mid-October - it's a weekly show) for the best possible reason - they want to give me and my teacher MORE time.

Anyway, here's the update right from the Associate Producer's mouth:

Thanks so much for chatting with me this week and for changing your
sked to help us. I thought the interview was wonderful. It's going to be a lovely piece of radio.

In fact, it was a little too wonderful! It went better than I had
anticipated, since you both had so much to say. I would like to feature you for more time than I had originally planned and there isn't time to do that on this week's show, so we are going to hold the interview for an upcoming week. I apologize for the switcheroo. It broke my heart to chop it down to only a couple of minutes, so we're going to find a week when we can run more of the reunion. I will have a better idea next Tuesday of when it will air. I'm thinking mid-October, but I will let you know as soon as I have it figured out.

Thanks again and I am really looking forward to hearing you on the
program. I will send you a note on Tuesday with another update.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Associate Producer, GO
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Toronto, Ontario

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

What fun covers! And titles. I'll have to check them out.

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words, Don. Much appreciated!

Interview update: It WILL be on this Saturday (October 7th). The producer has told me that it will air at approx 10:25 am and is a little over 10 mins long. She said the show is looking a bit
short, so they might add a few more bits of the conversation between me and the teacher to
the end of the hour (10:57 ish).

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it did indeed air. Closer to 10:35am than 10:25am. Hope some of you were able to hear it. If not, well, at least my mom did. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home