Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Strange Procrastinating...

While procrastinating tonight, I've written one acrostic about blogging and a draft of an article I might just submit to SCBWI. (I'm inspired by all these great articles in the new SCBWI newsletter that I still have not received via snail mail...but sneaked a peek at online).

I have lots of research on my non-fiction article idea. I think it just needs to simmer more. Okay, it doesn't help that Baby K screamed at the top of her lungs for over an hour today, during and after S's swimming lessons, which stressed me out, gave me a headache and forced me to fill up on sugar and junk food.

S fell off the bar stool in the kitchen tonight, hitting her neck on the counter. She hit just to the left of her wind-pipe, across her jugular vein. I can't call it a gash because the skin didn't break, but blood rose to the surface and she has a counter mark about 1 1/2 inches long across her neck. I was a little freaked out. S was screaming, which made K scream. Then, A saw the blood (or potential for blood) and started screaming. And, all I could think about was the possibility of internal bleeding. (Easy for my over-active imagination since I nearly died from internal bleeding four years ago.) So, I called my nurse sister-in-law long distance to get an expert medical opinion. I'm happy to say we avoided an ER visit tonight. Poor S will be in a little pain tomorrow, I'm afraid.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Pressure Washing Van Nuys said...

Hi thanks forr posting this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home