Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Google Print

I've seen lots of articles about Google Print (PW, Publisher's Lunch, my local paper) in the past week. I just don't get what all the fuss is about. Personally, I agree with Google's position on this one. Here's a snippet:

Let's be clear: Google doesn’t show even a single page to users who find copyrighted books through this program (unless the copyright holder gives us permission to show more). At most we show only a brief snippet of text where their search term appears, along with basic bibliographic information and several links to online booksellers and libraries.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Chris Barton said...

I'm with you, Kim. Google's acting out of its own self-interest, of course, but I welcome the opportunity to make my book that much more visible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home