Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Writer Idol, Writer Envy

I really need to get over this Writer Idol, Writer Envy thing I have. I have no idea what made me do it, but today I sent an email to Troy Wilson, author of Perfect Man to gush over his book.
While I was at his site, I noticed he has another cool book coming out. I can't wait to read it.

So, then I got all wound up about his books and about the great list they have at Orca. And, I asked him if he'd like to be a guest author at the RealWritingTeachers Yahoo group (over 650 teachers and writers).

Naturally, since he is the author of a writer super hero book, I received a return email at lightning speed. Besides writing a very nice note, he agreed to be a guest author!

I know...I'm a book geek!
*****
In other news, I took baby K to the doctor today. In addition to another ear infection, she has a full body rash. The doctor assures me it's just a virus. Now S has come down with a fever and chills. I think A is over the worst of it, and I hope I'm close behind. We had a really crummy day.
*****
I'm looking forward to the long weekend. I think I'm taking the rest of this week off from writing and thinking (very much) about writing. I'll read my new books, jot a few notes, maybe blog a bit and SLEEP! I hate being sick and having a house full of sickies while my husband is traveling. Oh, I know...poor pitiful me.

*****
Take a look at the fancy, new website for Kansas SCBWI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home