Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Summer Writing Club

My friend has started a summer writing club for moms who write. Our first meeting will be in about three weeks. She's hiring a babysitter to watch the kiddies while we write and chat about writing. My girls are excited about going to a "party." I'm looking forward to meeting some moms who write. If we're lucky, we'll actually get some writing done.

I've also signed up for a new critique group my SCBWI chapter is forming. Apparently, we have several writers living in my suburb.

Our SCBWI chapter is having a June meeting at the library where librarians will talk about What Kids Read.

A busy couple of writing weeks. Plus, new carpet and a vacation and the last day of school! I love summer.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mom's writing club (complete with babysitter) sounds like an ideal situation for you. What a great idea.

-Janee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home