Monday, May 09, 2005

So many thoughts

Once again, I have so many thoughts and so little time! I've tried to sit down several times over the past few days to compose this post. And, I still don't have the time to do it right. I think it will be a crazy final two weeks of school with very little time for writing.

A few quickie thoughts:

1) The most reassuring thing I read all day was Laurie Halse Anderson's blog post today where she talks about how she finally sat down to write and couldn't write even after many hours of sitting at the computer. At least I'm in good company. I see that it took her two hours to decide to put on her shoes and i-pod and go for a walk. That's my problem...by the time I'm on a roll, it's time to stop. Two hours is my maximum amount of alone time. Ever. I remember in college, I needed time to get into this trance-like state. Sometimes, I even had to take a nap. I don't have that kind of time and I won't for another few years.

2) I am intrigued by all the reading and writing action in Texas. Does Texas have an extraordinary number of children's authors, or is Cynthia Leitich Smith just ultra great at promoting the local authors and events? In an attempt to answer this myself, I googled a few regional groups and events. There's not much action here in Kansas, but I did find a few noteworthy things. It's bed time, so I'll make a serious effort to post my findings tomorrow.

3) I WILL be published .... someday.... because I am too darn stubborn to quit trying.

4) Hug your kids and give them a big kiss before you send them off to school tomorrow. Today was a very sad news day in the Kansas City area. A school bus crashed into two vehicles today, killing the drivers of the vehicles. Two children remain in critical condition. I wish my kids never had to ride on a bus. Why don't those things have seatbelts anyway?

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I love your spirit and determination Kim!! You will get published! And I will be the first at your book signing! Take care!
(And I am missing the fun blogging...school blogging is heady and fun too but in another way)

~H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home