Monday, May 02, 2005

Marketers, Meet the Children's Writers

You may have already guessed that my new writing project has something to do with marketing. I stumbled upon loads and loads of marketing/advertising/PR blogs today, and I started reading them. I am more excited than ever about my new project. I don't care how big some of these consultants are, they need to learn about storytelling. I think they need to meet up with my SCBWI friends and my online blogging buddies for a few lessons.

A few years ago, I spoke at the Radio Advertising Bureau conference. My seminar topic was Marketing to Women. If you've spent even 30 seconds studying women's marketing, this won't come as a surprise: the marketing blogs written by women are better. They are rich with stories and relevant content and the blogs integrate many meaningful topics. It's like sitting down for coffee with a friend to have a little marketing chat. The tone is conversational. The topic is insightful...and you get just enough of the blogger's personality to know you want to call her a "friend."

I'll be interested to see what men think about these blogs. I'd bet these female bloggers are making a huge connection with women. But, do the men connect as well? Or, do they find them fluffy?

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home