Wednesday, May 11, 2005

One Thing I've Learned

If there's one thing I've learned from reading my favorite blog, it's that writing is not enough. No, a writer must get involved in the local writing community. She should support writing and literacy organizations. She should support local authors. And, she should talk about writing and reading with other writers.

This may seem obvious to many. However, it's very difficult when you are a newbie who doesn't know anyone in your market. It's even more difficult when it appears there's not much going on in your market. That's why I'm psyched about the post below: my SCBWI chapter finally rose from the dead, and I'm meeting some really fantastic writers. Finally.

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Heather said...

So can I claim we were buds prior to your fame? Please?

It sounds like you have an exciting summer lined up. I can hardly wait to read some samples! Hint!

H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home