Friday, April 22, 2005

And another thing--

Heather's response to my Oprah post below reminded me that I really got off track and forgot my other points. She made my point better than I did, and I'm glad she reminded me that I left out a few things:

  1. Where are all the dads? Why are these moms so exhausted? What is the dad doing while she's working her butt off?
  2. Are these husbands acting like selfish little kids? I can just picture them sitting around with puppy dog eyes waiting for Wifey to pay attention to them.
  3. What are these men doing to connect with Her even when time is tight? Does he call her? Take her to lunch? Email? Does he initiate any of the little things--or is that all her job too?
  4. Can't you have quality family time without feeling like you have to choose between your husband and your kids? When you have kids (and get married), you are choosing to share your life with someone else. I see that the couple should have grown up time, but there's nothing wrong with good, old-fashioned family togetherness.
  5. What about all these moms whose kids are the center of their universe? Are these the same moms who are lost on the first day of kindergarten when they suddenly have an empty house? There's a difference between nurturing your kids and losing your identity while trying to become Super Mom. Everyone should have hobbies and interests besides doting on their kids.

I had a few more that I thought of at breakfast, but they've run off with the mailman. Probably because I didn't devote my undivided attention to them right that minute.

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger The Gig said...

I can relate to that. Good post and very true. Keep up the good work.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Ah, you must be talking about the episode my daughter was so hyped up about. Nothing Dr. Laura aint already said. Now, go kiss the hubby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home