Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The fascinating world of blogs

For my writer friends: I must share a few gems I've found in the past few days. I wish I could say I discovered these things on my own, but I did not. I found them through the power of blogging.

There is something about blogging that fascinates me. It's educational in ways that a classroom or textbook could not be. It's interactive and it's viral. I've felt like I've attended a new writers' conference every day for the past few weeks. It's such a different experience from traditional education or communication. And, if you're not blogging, you should be!

For a great education on what it takes to get published, take a look at the journals of Lauren Barnholdt and Robyn Schneider.

These two YA authors are both waiting for their books to be published. Many of their posts are about that process. Robyn also has a site where she's detailed the process it took to get her book to an agent and accepted.

Lauren's agent just started a blog. It's very interesting to see things from the agent's perspective. To get the full effect, you really need to dig into some of the reader responses. She has answered a few reader questions, as have Robyn and Lauren.

Oh, and in case you haven't seen this one yet: YA Books Central -- this writer reviews zillions of YA books, with new listings each day.

If you've been a blogger for any time, I know you're laughing at me. These are hardly new finds, but they are well worth taking a peek at!

Happy writing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home