Thursday, September 01, 2005

A sure sign I'm blogging too much

A sure sign that I'm blogging too much--I've been dreaming of other people's books!

Two nights ago, I woke up thinking about Susan Taylor Brown's Oliver's Must Do List. Now, to start things off, I've never read the book! It's not even out yet! Then, I had a dream about her book, Can I Pray With My Eyes Open? Sadly, I haven't read it. I wish I could remember the dream. It had something to do with making lists and giving people pads of paper with "to do" lists printed on them.

As if that's not bad enough, the next dream I remember having that night was about a book I wrote (not in real life, just in the dream) similar to Punctuation Takes a Vacation. Comma was a little boat who chugged and chugged, linking with other boats. At the time, it sounded brilliant!

Then, last night, I woke up at 3:30 and felt so stupid. How on Earth could I really believe that people were being moved to the Astrodome? How gullible! I worked on this one for at least an hour wide awake. When morning came, I went to my computer and discovered it was true after all.

I will be so glad when we are all well and I get a good night's sleep again. Worrying about the world and about other people's books is more than my mind can handle at 3:30 a.m.

3 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

That's funny, Kim.
Too much stress in the air, I'd say. Hang in there!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Wow Kim, I'm flattered to appear in your dreams. Too funny about you dreaming about books you haven't read yet.

I'm off to work on Oliver's publicity stuff, making, oddly enough, little tablets to advertise the book. I bought some small ones, like you give for party favors, and then took the postcard art which is the cover of the book and shrunk it down to fit the notebooks. Now I'm printing them out and gluing them on the covers. Can't claim the idea though, I got it from Tracie Zimmer.

Susan
www.livejournal.com/users/susanwrites

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

I get some of my best ideas when I sleep. Funny, huh. You might try sleeping with a pen and pad handy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home