Friday, November 11, 2005

Time to clean the house

I survived October with a very clean house, thanks to my new cleaning lady and the fact that we had a visitor or party for five weeks in a row. However, all this partying and visiting didn't help the writing.

This week, I got busy writing. And, my house screams "Neglect! She's forgotten about me!" It's a disaster. The laundry is piled three feet high in the hallway leading to the bedrooms, the counters are cluttered, toys are scattered across every floor. We did manage to pick up the Connect Four pieces, the Boggle pieces and all the playing cards K scattered around the room.

Why is this significant? Hubby was out of town this week. I lost my keys in the mess, so I used his. Then, I found mine and lost his...and I still can't find them.

See what happens when I write? If I pick the kids up in the little red wagon, you'll know I'm writing instead of cleaning. Hubby is leaving town again. We could probably live without those keys a few more days? Right?

UPDATE: 9:45--A called from school to tell me the keys were in her backpack! Since she's only in 2nd grade, and doesn't own a cell phone (like most 6th graders do these days!) she called from the teacher's classroom phone. If the teacher didn't think I was a nutcase before. I'm sure she does now! BUT, wasn't that sweet of A to call me?

2 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Oh your post depresses me. I need a cleaning lady, too. The wife is running errands. I'm at home with the kid and guess what I am doing between reading blogs? Folding clothes, washing laundry, doing dishes and will maybe tackle our bedrooms, bathrooms and gosh, my art studio smells. grrr.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Varian Johnson said...

Thanks for the encouragement, and thanks for expounding on your critique group set-up. I'm a member of a small critique group (3 guys) and we've been toying around with the idea of trying to bring in a few more people. The plus-minus concept seems pretty good; I think it's something we're going to incorporate.

Now, I guess I should get off my butt and do some cleaning of my own. My desk is littered with scrap paper, potato chip bags and beer bottles. No wonder I can't get any writing done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home