Thursday, April 20, 2006

Energized

I feel fantastic. Full of energy and the brain fog is gone! I don't know if it's the new diet (low fat, healthy carbs) or the spring weather, but I feel energized...like I'm plugged into the sun. (Can you picture me as a kite with a cord plugged into an oversized, cartoon sun with big, bold triangular rays?)

The problem when I'm this energetic? I lose focus! As you may have noticed today, it's been an idea day. This afternoon, a new book arrived. I am not supposed to be ordering new books--NOT in the budget (taxes killed us!). BUT, the Real Writing Teachers (Yahoo Group) recommended some books for teaching kids to write. I just HAD to have them.

I can't wait for summer vacation to start. The girls and I will be writing a few days a week. These new books will make it fun. Even 5 yo S can participate. Now, I really, really want to start an after school writing club at the school. I have all summer to play around with my lesson plans. In the fall, I'll propose the idea.

The books that I'm so excited about:
Razzle Dazzle Writing
and Primary Pizzazz

I have some others that I bought last year. I really like Poetry a La Carte

Tomorrow. I will focus! Tonight, I will read.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger liraelwiddershins said...

Ya know, you can always request a copy for review for the site...

Or, let me know, and I can request them for you. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home