Thursday, April 20, 2006

Cooking Up Literacy

I wish I would have thought of this idea sooner.

S's preschool is having their art fair / auction next week. We needed to come up with a donation item (this is not the same fair where I proposed the author pizza/PJ party). I took a few of my review copies and bought one more book to make a cooking "basket."

Books:

My Pop Pop and Me (2006, Little, Brown)
Rabbit Pie (2006, Viking)
Tallulah in the Kitchen (2005, Henry Holt)

I'm going to put them in a mixing bowl, add measuring spoons and measuring cups and include a recipe card for the item description.

If I had thought of this earlier, I could have added so many great books, of course...there's always the cost of buying them!

What else could go into a basket like this? How about:

The Rachel Ray kids' cookbook
Pete's a Pizza
How to Eat Fried Worms
The Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza
Cook-a-doodle Doo
The Princess and the Pizza

I think there's a reason I want to write a PB about cooking. I have so many of them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home